IGIP   ()

The Armory Chamber

The Armory Chamber, a treasure house, is a part of the Grand Kremlin Palaces complex. It is situated in the building constructed in 1851 by architect Konstantin Ton. The museum collections were based on the precious items that had been preserved for centuries in the tsars treasury and the Patriarchs vestry. Some of the exhibits were made in the Kremlins workshops; others were accepted as ambassadorial gifts. The museum was named after one of the oldest Kremlins treasury stores. The Armory Chamber preserves ancient state regalia, ceremonial tsars vestments and coronation dress, vestments of the Russian Orthodox Churchs hierarchs, the largest collection of gold and silverware by Russian craftsmen, West European artistic silver, ceremonial weapons and arms, carriages, horse ceremonial harness. The State Armory presents more than four thousands items of applied art of Russia, European and Eastern countries of IV-early XX centuries. The highest artistic level and particular historical and cultural value of the exhibits have made the State Armory of the Moscow Kremlin a worldwide known museum.

Armory Chamber